My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, December 05, 2005

2 Chronicles 17

King Jehoshaphat

Summary:
Asa's son, Jehoshaphat, became king. He did well, and followed God. He sent teachers through Judah's towns to teach them of the law. He built up great armies, and the surrounding nations gave gifts.

Key verse:
9. They taught throughout Judah, taking with them the Book of the Law of the Lord; they went around to all the towns of Judah and taught the people.

My thoughts:
The chapters are really short at the moment, which is helping me catch up!!!

Jehoshaphat is a really good king.

This is besides the point, but I found this interesting article. Ever wondered how Jesus was on David's throne, despite the fact that Jehoiachin, one of the last kings of Judah was cursed never to have a descendant on the throne? No? Well here's the answer anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home