My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, December 07, 2005

2 Chronicles 19

Jehosphaphat appoints judges

Summary:
When Jehoshaphat got home, Jehu the seer condemned him for siding with God's enemy (Ahab). Jehoshaphat went into the regions of Judah, and focussed them on God, and appointed judges, who he charged to be fair. He also appointed some Levites to administer the law.

Key verses:
6-7. Consider carefully what you do, because you are not judging for man but for the Lord, who is with you whenever you give a verdict. Now let the fear of the Lord be upon you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery.

My thoughts:
I think these verses are an awesome statement for any Christian lawyer of judge to pledge. I particularly like the 'not judging for man but for the Lord' part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home