My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, December 30, 2005

Ezra 6

So King Darius found King Cyrus' edict and made the temple construction start again, and told the governor to supply the Jews with all they needed.

He also cursed anyone who changed this edict to be impaled by their own house-beam.

So they kept building under Haggai and Zechariah, and finished in the 6th year of King Darius. They had a great party, and reinstated the worship at the temple, and they observed the Passover.

Key verse:
11. Furthermore, I decree that if anyone changes this edict, a beam is to be pulled from his house and he is to be lifted up and impaled on it. And for this crime his house is to be made a pile of rubble.

My thoughts:
Don't you sometimes feel that our laws and punishments are a bit weak. I mean, how often do we sentence people to an impaling? I've never seen that for one!

Interestingly, there now appears to be some converts to Judaism in the Passover. At all times God has accepted all people who humble themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home