My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, January 26, 2006

Esther 10

Mordecai second-in-command

Summary:
King Xerxes was powerful, and received tribute from his Empire, and Mordecai was his No. 2. Mordecai became great and fought for the Jews.

Key verse:
3. he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews.


My thoughts:
I think this is the shortest chapter so far - 3 verses.

Well, we have reached the most significant milestone in the Bible so far. We have finished the history books of the Old Testament, leaving us about halfway through the old testament, and a third of the way through the Bible. We now move onto the poetry, which will be quite cool, and will take a while, 243 days in fact, so I should finish the poetry later this year. 150 of those days will be Psalms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home