My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, January 09, 2006

Nehemiah 6

Nehemiah holds up

Summary:
Sanballat, Tobiah and Geshem sent Nehemiah invites to meet, but Nehemiah denied them four times, knowing that they intended harm. The fifth time, they sent a message claiming that Nehemiah planned to revolt and become king of Judah. He denied this and prayed.

A man tried to make him hideout in the temple, but he wasn't from God, so Nehemiah didn't.

And the wall was completed

Key verse:
14. Remember Tobiah and Sanballat, O my God, because of what they have done

My thoughts:
The temple is mentioned here. I guess that the temple was built first, as narrated in the book of Ezra, and the construction of the wall followed. That's new information to me at least.

Anyway, the wall is complete, Nehemiah has suceeded against strong opposition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home