My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ecclesiastes 6

Possessions

Summary:
It sucks that people can have wealth but can't enjoy it. Someone else gets to enjoy it!

If you can't enjoy it, then you might as well have died at birth. At least you'd get a longer rest then.

We're never satisfied. What's the point? We don't have enough time to figure it out. Who knows what happens when we die.

Key verse:
7. All man's efforts are for his mouth,
yet his appetite is never satisfied.

My thoughts:
Hmmm... I am wondering how often this happens. I know that a lot of poor people all there hard work taken away from them, but few people who have a lot of wealth have it taken from them, and given to a stranger.

Unless the Teacher is talking about the how everyone loses their stuff in death...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home