My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Song of Songs 2

Stupid foxes...

Summary:
Lady:
I'm like a nice flower amongst.

Lover:
Yes.

Lady:
My man is better than the others. He feeds me well.
He's coming to get me! Life is good! It's like spring again.

Lover:
Show yourself to me! I want to catch the foxes!

Key verse:
15. Catch for us the foxes,
the little foxes
that ruin the vineyards,
our vineyards that are in bloom.

My thoughts:
I once heard a whole sermon on this verse. They were talking about how our relationships get 'plagued' with little 'foxes', which can 'ruin' our 'vineyard', and if we don't 'catch' the 'foxes' whilst they are 'little', then they grow into 'big' 'foxes'. We need to 'catch' the 'little' 'foxes' in our 'relationships'.

It was very metaphorical.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

First!

3:46 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

First!

oh crap...

3:51 pm

 
Blogger Dave said...

Weird Al can be funny: White & Nerdy

8:44 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

Ah YouTube.... not much fun when you don't have broadband...

Who's weird al?

1:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home