My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, September 21, 2006

Song of Songs 3

A rich King's wedding

Summary:
I looked for my man, but couldn't find me. I kept searching. I finally found him, and took him to Mum's place.

Don't get love started until it's ready!

Look at Solomon, coming up with all his wealth! Look how expensive his stuff is on his wedding day!

Key verse:
5. Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires.

My thoughts:
It's interesting that even in Song of Songs, the most erotically charged part of all the Bible, there is still a clear warning that love should not be thrown around freely, because though it is the most amazing thing in the world, it is also the most dangerous thing!

I think we should all trust God more with our relationships. When we freak out about it, we're basically telling God that we don't trust his ability to have control of our lives. We shouldn't be scared of relationships, and there will be times when we are to pursue it. However, we shouldn't worry about it too much, because we know God's in control!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home