My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, September 22, 2006

Song of Songs 4

Daaamn!

Summary:
Lover:
You're hot! Your teeth, you mouth, and your neck.

Your breasts are like animals. Which is good, apparently.

Damn!

Come with me to a far away land. You've got me around your finger. You're better than booze. You are a very special garden!

Lady:
Blow on my garden. Taste my fruits.

Key verse:
9. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
you have stolen my heart
with one glance of your eyes

My thoughts:
Ewh...

I agree with the Lover's mention of teeth first. Good teeth are vital.

Sometimes people think the usage of 'sister' for a wife or something is a bit sick, but then just think, we call our wives and girlfriends 'babe' or 'baby'. Now that's sick!

Read today's key verse. There really is no hope for us males!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

"Your hair is like a flock of goats
....Your teeth are like a flock of sheep"

right. I'll store those away for the next time I try to chat up a Christian girl...

12:09 pm

 
Anonymous Mark said...

"Until the day breaks and the shadows flee, I will go to the mountain of myrrh and to the hill of incense."

"Let my lover come into his garden
and taste its choice fruits."

"Daaamn!" indeed.

12:14 pm

 
Anonymous Deane said...

I translate 4.13-15 as:
"Your groove is a pleasure ground ... a garden fountain, a well of living water".

Hot damn!

Note to Hebrew-readers: "selachayik" as "groove" (per Pope), "Pardes" as "pleasure ground" (per Bloch and Bloch).

You can see why it is prohibited to read the Song of Solomon until you are 30 years old!

6:46 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

Yes... "tasting" the "fruit" of the "garden" indeed...

I'm practically 30...

10:20 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home