My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, September 25, 2006

Song of Songs 7

Mmmm.... fruit...

Summary:
Man:
Ah! Your feet! Your belly-button! You boobs are like deer. You're beautiful!

Your breasts are like fruit. I want to grab them.

Woman:
I'm yours! Let's go out into the country together!

Key verses:
7-8. your breasts like clusters of fruit.
I said, "I will climb the palm tree;
I will take hold of its fruit."

My thoughts:
That's just dirty. That isn't even subtle. The woman in this poem is a slut. She should have more self-respect!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Deane said...

I once had a rather perverse and dirty Hebrew lecturer, who set me Song of Solomon 7 for an end-of-year Hebrew exam. Filthy man!

In the exam I translated your "Key verses" as follows:
"your breasts are like coconuts;
I say I will climb up the palm tree. I will grasp a hold of its fruit"

See - you can be even less subtle than the writer of Song of Solomon.

2:14 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

Yea... I live at Knox... you can be less subtle....

Did that Hebrew lecturer's first name happen to start with J-a?

5:25 pm

 
Anonymous Deane said...

I absolutely can't say that that's not incorrect, if I were to lie.

11:01 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

I see.

11:15 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home