My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, October 14, 2006

Isaiah 18

Sucks to be Cush

Summary:
Poor Cush by the rivers. They have such nice boats, but soon a banner will be lifted that no-one can ignore. Then God will be in control, and Cush will pay tribune to Israel.

Key verse:
3. when a banner is raised on the mountains,
you will see it,
and when a trumpet sounds,
you will hear it.

My thoughts:
It's interesting that Cush seems to be judged, when there is no charge laid against them. There is no indication here that they have sinned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

i am glad that my name is not cush.
or mush.

8:06 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

I'll cush you...

11:08 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home