My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, October 15, 2006

Isaiah 19

Sucks to be Egypt

Summary:
God is coming to Egypt, and that makes them tremble. He'll make them fight each other. They'll be oppressed failures. The rivers will dry up, and all the workers won't get anything. Their officials are morons. Egypt will be like a drunkard.

They will fear Judah, and they will speak Canaan's language and worship God. They'll be in distress and God will save them, and then they'll worship him. Assyria, Judah and Egypt will join together to worship God. Three nations as a blessing.

Key verse:
25. The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance."

My thoughts:
Wow. This is a seemingly unorthodox prophecy. It prophesies the extension of God's chosen people to Egypt and Assyria. As far as I know, this never really happened, unless you consider the time when Christianity dominated that area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home