My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Isaiah 22

Sucks to be Jerusalem

Summary:
Why are you worried, Jerusalem? No-one's been killed in battle! Your leader are gone without a fight.

God's has a day of destruction coming. Judah without defence and Jerusalem surrounded by chariots.

You'll try to counteract the destruction, but you won't realise that this is God's will. But you will party, because you know that you will die the next day.

Your sin will not be atoned for. God is rebuking the palace's steward for building his own tomb. God will dispose of him. Eliakim will take his place.

Key verse:
13. "Let us eat and drink," you say,
"for tomorrow we die!"

My thoughts:
The obscurity of these passages is really beginning to bug me!

Is the people's revelry in light of their impending deaths a good thing, or is it the sin that will not be atoned? I dunno.

I've got Firefox 2.0 at home now. It has a built in spellchecker, which is nice, and will be useful for this blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home