My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Isaiah 29

Sucks to be Ariel

Summary:
Ariel will be destroyed quickly and humbled. God will rise up, and all Ariel's enemies will attack her at once. God has confounded you!

But this vision is indecipherable to you.

You praise God with your mouth, but that's all. Your worship is simply man-made. So God will show wonders once again. Don't underestimate God. He has as much control over you as a potter over his clay.

Soon you will understand this vision, and come back to God. When Israel sees the works of God, then things will be sweet.

Key verses:
13. These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men.
16. Can the pot say of the potter,
"He knows nothing"?

My thoughts:
It appears that Jerusalem and Ariel is pretty much one in the same. I've never heard Jerusalem called Ariel before. I wonder where it comes from?

It is clearly a prophecy of Ariel Sharon, and his untimely coma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home