My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Isaiah 8

Qttpstts

Summary:
A prophetess had a baby, and God told me to call him Quick-To-The-Plunder-Swift-To-The-Spoil, or Qttpstts for short. God told me that before Qttpstts could speak, Aram and Israel would be destroyed by Assyria. God can thwart all strategic plans.

God said, "Don't live in fear of conspiracy. Fear God. He will be both a resting place and a stumbling block."

I'll always look to God, and so should you.

Key verse:
10. Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted;
propose your plan, but it will not stand,
for God is with us.

My thoughts:
I'm not sure whether this birth of Qttpstts equates with the birth of Immanuel prophesied in the previous chapter, but there is definitely some connection. The prophecy just after the prophetess bears the child makes a couple of clear references to Immanuel.

Verse 14 is also quoted in the New Testament with regard to Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home