My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, November 03, 2006

Isaiah 38

Hezekiah's got crook!

Summary:
Then Hezekiah got sick. Isaiah told him that God said he'd die. Hezekiah prayed and wept. Because he'd been faithful, God decided to give him another 15 years. The sign of this was to make the sun go backwards ten steps.

Then Hezekiah wrote a poem: "I was about to die. I stared death in the eye. But God let me live. I can't praise him whilst I'm dead!"

Isaiah asked for a healing stew to be made for him. Hezekiah then asked what the sign would be.

Key verse:
17. In your love you kept me
from the pit of destruction;
you have put all my sins
behind your back.

My thoughts:
God is a God of life. He is interested in promoting life in this age and the next. Death is not of God and cannot worship him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home