My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, November 11, 2006

Isaiah 46

Stupid other gods...

Summary:
Their gods bow down. They are burdens to their people. They cannot save.

Israel, I have been with you since your birth, and I will be with you until your old age. I, and only I, will sustain you.

I am God, and there is no equal. Golden idols do not compare. I tell the future from the past, and bring my instrument from the East.

My righteousness is coming.

Key verse:
4. I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

My thoughts:
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this much, but these chapters around here are some of the staunchest monotheistic passages of the entire Old Testament (See also Deuteronomy 6). It is interesting, then, that Jesus and Christians seem to be very keen to use these passages. It is a bizarre Christian characteristic that Jesus' divinity seems most affirmed in light of the Old Testament's most monotheistic passages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home