My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, November 13, 2006

Isaiah 48

It's all God

Summary:
You, Israel, who consider yourself special, are very stubborn. I knew this even as I foretold these amazing things which are happening.

I will tell you in such a way that you will know that it wasn't caused by yourself or idols. But you are stubborn. I only haven't destroyed you yet for my own sake.

Look, I made the world. I'm bringing Babylon to destruction. No idols foretold this! If only you had followed my commands, you would be more numerous than sand. But I have redeemed you from Babylon anyway.

Key verse:
22. "There is no peace," says the Lord, "for the wicked."

My thoughts:
I feel that sometimes we expect God to move in ambiguous ways that can be taken in many ways. Here we see God's desire to act in such a way that no-one else can be given credit for his miracles. I believe God wants to work in this way today as well, and we shouldn't expect him to act otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home