My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, November 19, 2006

Isaiah 54

Love beyond mountains and hills

Summary:
May the childless women be happy and prosper! Things are going to get better! I, God, am your husband. I rejected you for a moment, so that I could love you forever. Just like when I promised to Noah not to get angry again, so now I make the same promise to you. I will love you no matter what.

The city will be established. No one will defeat you.

Key verse:
10. Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed

My thoughts:
Remember when wedding vows used to be like this? Like not just in words but in how people like. A covenant no matter what. They seem to be much more conditional these days. Oh well. At least God is still faithful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home