My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Isaiah 56

It don't matter if you're black or white

Summary:
Do good, because salvation is coming. The person who does this will be blessed. It doesn't matter if they are foreigners or eunuchs. If they keep the Sabbath, then there is a place for them in the temple. It's a place of prayer for ALL nations.

Wild animals, devour! Israel's watchmen are lazy, and feel so secure in themselves. They better watch out.

Key verse:
3. Let no foreigner who has bound himself to the Lord say,
"The Lord will surely exclude me from his people."

My thoughts:
For me this has bearing on the current situation in Israel. The Israelis are privileged above the non-Israelis (like the Malays in Malaysia). However there is no indication that there should be privilege based on race in the Old Testament. However, there does seem to be some privilege based on religion, so I guess all this would do in Israel would change the favouritism from racial to religious (Like Muslims in Malaysia).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home