My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, November 27, 2006

Isaiah 62

What is your name?

Summary:
I won't shut up until Jerusalem shines like a star. Others will see it, and you'll have a new name. Your name won't be desolate, but delightful. God will be as stoked as a man on his wedding night.

Don't rest until Jerusalem is rebuilt. Your food won't be stolen anymore! The Saviour's coming, and you will be called Holy.

Key verse:
4. No longer will they call you Deserted,
or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah

My thoughts:
Woah... this chapter has just got a permanent spot in one of my talks. I've done a talk a few times about how the world gives us one name, which might hurt us, but God gives us a new name. A blessed name, even if we don't deserve it. Abraham was named 'father of many' before he had a son. Peter was called 'rock' before he showed any characteristics of a foundations on which to build a church. Here God replaces the cursed name with a blessed one. Hoorah for God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home