My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, November 30, 2006

Isaiah 65

A Whole New World

Summary:
God is offering himself to you, even though you weren't looking for him.

You will pay for your sins, but God won't destroy you all. Those who forget Jerusalem will be destroyed. My servants will be looked after, but those who want to claim their own independence will die.

God's making a whole new cosmos. People won't die young anymore. Jerusalem will be sweet. Your work will be profitable, and the wild animals won't kill each other.

Key verses:
1. I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me
17. Behold, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
25. The wolf and the lamb will feed together

My thoughts:
Remember this: God chose us before we chose him. He offered himself before we even looked.

Here we have a highly eschatological vision of God's plan. Christians would equate this with the Eschaton of Revelation. I am a Christian. This is the same Eschaton as Revelation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home