My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, December 01, 2006

Isaiah 66

Go out!

Summary:
God says: "I made it all! I like the humble ones. I want humility, not stupid sacrifices. You'll be punished for your evil. Hear the sound of me repaying the evil people!"

Jerusalem will be born, but unlike other births, it will be without pain. She'll have peace and wealth. God will comfort her.

The survivors of the great judgement will be sent to the ends of the earth to show them God's glory. The names of those who go out will not be forgotten. The world will come to worship God.

Key verse:
24. And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.

My thoughts:
Isaiah ends with a Great Commission of sorts. It is an extension of God's glory beyond Israel and to the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home