My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, December 02, 2006

Jeremiah 1

Just a little boy...

Summary:
Jeremiah prophesied from Josiah to the exile.

God chose him before his birth to be a prophet, and called him as a child to spread his word. Then God led him to see and almond tree and a boiling pot being poured from the north, for judgement was coming from the northern nations.

God cried out "You will stand firm against Judah and defeat her!"

Key verse:
5. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

My thoughts:
So Jeremiah aye... I must admit that I don't know much about him or this book. I've been told that its boring and long and has long chapters. I've read that Jeremiah is probably the most introspective author in the Bible, and has great bearings on the deuteronomistic history.

Ok, here it's cool that God chose this little kid to be his prophet, and the intimacy of God with his prophet is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home