My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Jeremiah 11

Mmm... plot...

Summary:
This was the covenant. Do what I say, and I'll be your God. Tell the people that they have blatantly and consistently disobeyed me! They have conspired against me and followed other gods. I will punish them and not hear them beg for mercy. They can go to their other gods. One for each city. Sacrifices cannot save you.

--

God showed me that they were plotting against me. I had no idea. God will punish the men of Anathoth for this.

Key verse:
18. Because the Lord revealed their plot to me, I knew it, for at that time he showed me what they were doing.

My thoughts:
Jeremiah is all over the place as a book. Here it suddenly flicks into Jeremiah's first person and people are plotting against him. It gives interesting variation to the book, and the first person parts add a personal touch, but it is difficult to follow.

Who said the book of Jeremiah doesn't have a plot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home