My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Jeremiah 12

A complaint

Summary:
God, you are good, but I can't understand why the evil people prosper. They speak of God, but don't know God. I know you. Destroy them, not me! Don't leave this land desolate!

Then God said -

You've gotta walk before you run! Don't trust your family even. I'm abandoning them all. I have come to hate my beloved. Destroyers will come and destroy my land.

I will destroy all the nations around Israel too, but if they listen and swear by me rather than Baal, then I'll resettle them.

Key verse:
1. You are always righteous, O Lord,
when I bring a case before you.
Yet I would speak with you about your justice:
Why does the way of the wicked prosper?
Why do all the faithless live at ease?

My thoughts:
This question of Jeremiah is the question of the deuteronomistic outlook to life. The outlook that says that punishment is because of sin. If this is the case, then why do bad people prosper?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home