My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jeremiah 13

Michael Jackson proves God wrong.

Summary:
God told me to get a dry linen belt, and to hide it at Perath, so I did. A few days later, God told me to go find it again. It was ruined. This reminded God somewhat of our nation of Judah.

Shouldn't win bottles have wine in them? God's guna get Judah pissed. Like, not in a happy way, but like in a you-just-keep-throwing-up,-and-feel-heinous,-then-ring-up-your-ex-and-cry-to-them-and-wake-up-in-hospital-with-your-stomach-pumped sorta way.

Don't be arrogant, but glorify God before throws you into darkness. If you ignore this, then I'll cry. All the riches of the kings end up in wills. The North is attacking. They ain't allies no more. This is because of your sin. Just as a black man can't turn white, you haven't left your sin. You will be shamed.

Key verse:
23. Can the Ethiopian change his skin
or the leopard its spots?

My thoughts:
The author of Jeremiah obviously never met Michael Jackson. "Can a leopard change its spots?" is a common English expression now, however for some reason "Can the Ethiopian change his skin?" seems to have dropped out of common usage. I might push for its reintroduction into English proverbial collective memory.

God uses a symbol here to illustrate the situation with Israel. He does this a few times in Jeremiah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Wow, I never knew that Michael Jackson was Ethiopian...

12:10 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

He is many things to many people.

5:55 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

Wow! My verification word is:

xtraxuue

Could be a new Telecom product...

5:55 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home