My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, December 15, 2006

Jeremiah 14

It is you.

Summary:
There was a drought, and everyone was gutted. No water anywhere. Animals are dying.

Save us God, despite our sin. Don't be a stranger. But God remembered the sin.

God told Jems not to pray for their situation. The 'prophets' may promise relieve from God, but it won't come. They're liars, and they certainly don't hear God.

I will weep for my people who are wounded. Dead by sword, plague and famine. We hope for peace, but it seems God has destroyed us forever.

God, we have sinned. For your sake, love us again and remember your covenant. You alone bring rain.

Key verse:
22. Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain?
Do the skies themselves send down showers?
No, it is you, O Lord our God.

My thoughts:
I have that song by Newsboys (?) in my head -

"It is you we adore
It is you praises are for..."
etc.

This chapter seems to refer to a specific event during Judah's existence rather than concerning the more general coming judgement of the exile.

2 Comments:

Anonymous carmi said...

youre going to catch up with me soon, im on Ezekiel...im on like chapter 5 and im allreadly amazed at how MESSED up that book is.

Seriously man. Jeremiahs pretty boring but Ezekiel makes up for it. Hang in there.

9:57 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

Yo Carmi.

Yea... Ezekiel is like taking drugs. It feels awesome, but you feel a bit dirty afterwards.

Not that I'd know...

When I'm behind, I do two a day. No more. Sometimes less. So I'll slowly catch up. Ultimately, I just need to finish on the last day (like 16 Feb 2008 or something), so I'm not lying when I say "The Bible in 1189 days".

5:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home