My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, December 16, 2006

Jeremiah 15

Sin = death

Summary:
No mediator can save you. Neither Moses nor Samuel. You will get your fates of death and starvation.

You will die by sword, dogs, birds, and beasts. You haven't changed, so you will have no pity, and God will destroy you. There will be many widows, and even those with many sons will be in distress. You will be enslaved from the North.

Remember me and avenge me though, God. I love your words and do not sin. I shouldn't have to suffer.

God offered to save if I repent. No-one fighting me would win.

Key verse:
20. I will make you a wall to this people,
a fortified wall of bronze;
they will fight against you
but will not overcome you,
for I am with you
to rescue and save you,"
declares the Lord.

My thoughts:
Just as Abraham's descendants would be as the sand on the sea, here God says the widows would be as sand on the sea.

Jeremiah reminds me of Lot in this passage when Lot is trying to convince God to save Sodom on account of Lot's righteousness, but God choses just to save Lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home