My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, December 18, 2006

Jeremiah 17

I don't feel like it

Summary:
Judah's sins are inerasable. The kids are taught sin. So your land will be plundered. Don't trust people, but trust God. Then you'll be sweet. Don't trust your deceitful heart.

God, you rock. Your healing and salvation work. I haven't left you.

God told Jems to go to Jerusalem's gate, and told him to tell Israel not to work on the Sabbath. You will have Davidic kings and prosperity if you keep the Sabbath. If not, then I'll burn it all up.

Key verse:
9. The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

My thoughts:
Just reading this one verse reminds me of how we really cannot trust what we feel, and we should focus on what we know through God. Feelings are deceptive. Our heart is deceitful. I dunno about you, but sometimes I feel that this whole Christianity thing cannot be true. But when I think about what I know, and the miracles I and many others have seen, then I know that it is the truth. It just doesn't always feel like it. Know that your feelings are deceptive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home