My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Jeremiah 18

Mmmmm... pot...

Summary:
So God took Jems into a potter's house. Jems saw the potter making a pot from clay which had become misshapen. God showed Jems that he could do the same to Israel; reshape her. God told Jems to warn Israel of coming destruction, but not to expect a positive reply from Israel.

Israel's been very bad. They've gone against nature and forgotten their God. They will be scattered.

They said, "Jems is dumb and wants to disrupt things. Let's not listen to him."

Jems said, "God! Do you hear this! They want to throw me in a pit! Destroy them and their children. Make them mourn. Don't forgive them. You know what they plan!"

Key verse:
6. O house of Israel, can I not do with
you as this potter does?

My thoughts:
I never liked that whole 'turn the other cheek' nonsense!

The pottery image is quite cool, about how a potter can completely reshape misshapen clay according to his will. God can do the same with me and you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home