My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Jeremiah 19

Jam from a jam ruin

Summary:
God told Jems to buy a bowl and to meet with some of the elders and priests. Jems said that God is sending disaster for their sins, and that God is gunna bowl them over.

God told Jems to break the bowl to symbolise God smashing the nation. The mass graves will be too small. The cities will become graves.

Then Jems went to the temple and again declared distruction.

Key verse:
11. I will smash this nation and this city just as this
potter's jar is smashed and cannot be repaired.

My thoughts:
In the Hebrew we have the words "jar" and "ruin" used as a pun, which I have vaguely tried to emulate with my 'bowl' fandangle.

This chapter is unique in Jeremiah because it emphasises God's judgement on Judah because of her sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home