My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, December 31, 2006

Jeremiah 30

Restoration

Summary:
God told Jems to write all these things in a book. Israel would be restored.

Right now, there was no joy. Men don't usually get pregnant, but by the way their stomachs ache, you'd be forgiven for challenging this age-old assumption. But God will break the yoke, and they will serve God and his king. They will be safe. God will discipline but not completely destroy.

There is no cure for your injury. You have no friends nor hope because of your sins. But God, and him alone will heal you. Your enemies will go into exile.

God's anger will not end until God is finished.

Key verse:
22. So you will be my people,
and I will be your God.

My thoughts:
There's actually a few cool verses in this passage, but I picked this one as it seems to be a reoccurring one. It states, in the simplest terms possible how God wants this relationship to be. He wants to be God, and he wants his people to be his people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home