My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ezekiel 1

Crazy animals

Summary:
Ezekiel saw a vision in the exile. He saw a storm, and in the fire of the storm there were four bizarre living creature who went straight ahead. They had four faces and four wings each.

Each face was of a different animal, and they went wherever the Spirit went. Each creature had a magnificent wheel following them around. It was more like a wheel intersecting a wheel. Their spirit was in the wheels.

A voice came from above them, from a radiant man on a throne, and Ezekiel fell facedown.

Key verse:
28. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

My thoughts:
This is pretty darn trippy... It certainly reads like an eye-witness account.

There's much that could be said about the content of this vision, but there always seem to be common features of apocalyptic visions of heaven. For some reason I really like this chapter and it's descriptions. Maybe because it shows the mystery and awesomeness of God.

Yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home