My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, January 05, 2007

Jeremiah 35

Wineing

Summary:
Some Jewish nomads had taken refuge in Jerusalem. They didn't drink wine because their ancestor had commanded them not to.

God told Jems to take them into the temple and to give them wine to drink, but they protested when presented with wine. So God said, "You obey your own laws, but Judah has reject mine! Therefore Judah will have disaster, but these nomads will be my servants for keeping to their father's law."

Key verse:
14. Jonadab son of Recab ordered his sons not to drink wine and this command has been kept. To this day they do not drink wine, because they obey their forefather's command. But I have spoken to you again and again, yet you have not obeyed me.

My thoughts:
These nomads aren't bad in this passage. Their obedience is simply used as a comparison to Judah's disobedience.

I encourage you to drink wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home