My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jeremiah 43

Doppelconquest

Summary:
Then the people accused Jeremiah of lying, and being a puppet for Baruch and for Babylon. So they went deep into Egypt.

At God's Word, Jeremiah followed them and buried large stones it the clay there. He prophesied that Nebuchadnezzar would have his throne over those stones. He will come and kill and destroy, and break down all of Egypt's gods.

Key verse:
10. I will send for my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and I will set his throne over these stones I have buried here; he will spread his royal canopy above them.

My thoughts:
By moving to 'safe' Egypt, Johanan was actually following the violent front line of Nebuchadnezzar's expansion force. Being ruled under Babylon's Empire was considerably more safe than being conquered by them. Because Johanan disobeyed God, he suffered conquest twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home