My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jeremiah 46

Egypt

Summary:
Jeremiah began prophesying about the nations, starting with Egypt.

Egypt, get ready for battle. They are terrified. Egypt rises up like the Nile. But Egypt's conquest is really God's. It is a sacrifice made to him.

You're about to be attacked, Egypt. You will stumble and be attacked. You will be humiliated. Egypt and her gods will be punished.

Israel will be disciplined, but not destroyed.

Key verse:
22. Egypt will hiss like a fleeing serpent
as the enemy advances in force;
they will come against her with axes,
like men who cut down trees.

My thoughts:
Hmm... I dunno if the first part of this chapter is talking Egypt up or not. It confuses me.

I'm less than a month behind! w00t!

It just dawned on me that sometimes Malachi has 3 chapter, and sometimes the 3rd chapter is split in two. So now I'm not sure if there are 1189 chapters in the Bible anymore... Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home