My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, February 09, 2007

Ezekiel 13

Naughty, naughty prophets

Summary:
God told Ezekiel to tell the 'prophets' that they just make up their prophecies. They don't even care about Jerusalem. God is against them. They put up flimsy walls that look good, but God will smash them down. Some women claim to be prophetesses, but they are just witches. Their magic charms bind people.

Key verse:
14. I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash and will level it to the ground so that its foundation will be laid bare. When it falls, you will be destroyed in it; and you will know that I am the Lord.

My thoughts:
There's no point in inauthentic faith. It's easy to say the right things and make things look good. Don't bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home