My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ezekiel 18

They who sin, die.

Summary:
Some people think that children die for their parent's sin, but it is the sinner who will die.

Imagine a righteous man, with a sinful son but a righteous grandson. Only the sinful son will die. Sin is not shared.

If you are a sinner, but repent and turn your life around, then God won't remember your sin. If you a righteous but then throw your life back into sin, then your righteousness was useless. Is that not just the most just thing you've ever heard of?

God will judge everyone individually. Repent! God doesn't want you to die.

Key verse:
32. For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

My thoughts:
I like this chapter because its logic makes sense to me. It conforms to the nice protestant idea of personal salvation and judgement.

It just makes sense, and gives an opportunity to repent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home