My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ezekiel 22

Intercession

Summary:
God told Ezekiel to go judge Jerusalem for her bloodshed and that tell her that he days are over. Her leader's exploit their power and oppressed the weak. They have forgotten the Sabbath and commit every sexual sin imaginable.

I, God, will disperse you. You are like discarded metal and I will melt you. Your leaders are like violent wild animals.

I looked for one person to intercede, but no-one did.

Key verse:
30. I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.

My thoughts:
To push this verse into its contemporary application I would say it shows the need for us to pray and intercede for those who won't pray for themselves. God is looking for people like us to pray on behalf of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home