My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ezekiel 5

Jerusalem's future is hairy

Summary:
God told Ezekiel to cut off his hair, and to burn a third in his model of Jerusalem, cut a third outside the model, and throw a third into the wind. A few strands would be tucked under his belt, but even some of those would be burnt.

Jerusalem has sinned, and the hair is her people. After the punishment, God will feel avenged. Israel will be revolted. When God shoots, he shoots to kill.

Key verse:
3. But take a few strands of hair and tuck them away in the folds of your garment.

My thoughts:
A continuation of the symbolic prophecy, which I find so appealing. There is an emphasis here that God will be keeping a remnant of a remnant to be his people. The way is narrow!

My Hebrew teacher now knows about this site, so I better be good...

I opened an article about that documentary about "Jesus' " tomb. It was entitled "Church rejects Jesus tomb story", but it was in a tab and the whole title couldn't fit, and it then said "Church rejects Jesus". Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home