My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, February 02, 2007

Ezekiel 6

Remorse

Summary:
Ezekiel prophesied to the mountains that their altars would be destroyed, as would the idols. People will die, and they will know God is God. Some will survive and be scattered, and they'll be gutted about what they've done, and they will know their God.

Their land will be a desert.

Key verse:
9. Then in the nations where they have been carried captive, those who escape will remember me—how I have been grieved by their adulterous hearts, which have turned away from me, and by their eyes, which have lusted after their idols. They will loathe themselves for the evil they have done and for all their detestable practices.

My thoughts:
Here God condemns Israel's land to be a wasteland. We all have wasteland times in our lives, but often it is these times which prove most formative in our lives. It was massively formative for Israel.

Gosh... I should write a book or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home