My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, February 03, 2007

Ezekiel 7

The End

Summary:
The end has come! God's anger is here bringing disaster. The day is now here. There will be no more delays. No-one will stand up to fight, and no-one will benefit from this. If you are outside the city, you'll be killed, if you are inside, you'll die by disease. The few who make it to the mountains will wish they were dead anyway. They will be ashamed of all the things they used to be so proud of.

The most evil empire will take them over. They will seek my will, but they will not hear me.

Key verse:
6. The end has come! The end has come! It has roused itself against you. It has come!

My thoughts:
Do you ever get that sinking feeling when you suddenly realise that something you've done wrong has finally caught up with you? You can keep going for ages whilst you ignore it, hoping it gets forgotten, but then it inevitably bites you in the bum. I think Israel was getting this feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home