My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, March 02, 2007

Ezekiel 34

A good shepherd

Summary:
Shepherds who only look after themselves and not their sheep are dumb. This is what Israel's leaders are doing. God is against such shepherds, and they won't be able to feed themselves. God himself will be the shepherd to replace these useless leaders, and he will draw together his flock. Some sheep are good, and some are bad. They should take more than they need. The weak sheep have been pushed aside by others, but will be led by David under God. God will bless them and look after them. He'll break their yoke.

Key verse:
12. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.

My thoughts:
The image of a leader as a shepherd is very Davidic, and Jesus, the Son of David, of course refers to himself in this way.

I think the moral of this chapter is that if we do a crap job, then God'll just do it for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home