My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, March 05, 2007

Ezekiel 37

Dry bones

Summary:
God led Ezekiel through a valley of dry bones.
G: Can they live?
E: I dunno
G: Prophesy. Tell them that God will bring them to life.
So Ezekiel did, and the bones rattled together and became flesh
G: Prophesy to give them breath.
So Ezekiel did. They were an army.

Israel has lost all it's hope, but God can turn death into life.

Ezekiel got two sticks. One for Israel, and one for Judah. He then stuck them together. They would be one nation under one king again and their sin would stop. David will be king and they will have an everlasting covenant.

Key verse:
3. He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"
I said, "O Sovereign Lord, you alone know."

My thoughts:
Gotta be one of my favourite chapters in the Bible, at least the Old Testament. Its point is obvious; God can restore against impossible odds. It is also awesome that it is by Ezekiel's words that Israel is brought back to life. Words can bring life or death, but in Ezekiel they bring life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home