My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ezekiel 39

Magog

Summary:
Gog will fall in Israel. Israel will know God's holy name. Israel will use Gog's weapons for fuel for years. Israel will be Gog's grave. The land will have to be cleansed from all the dead bodies. The wild animals will be called together by God to eat their flesh. People will then know who God is and what he did to Israel and why. God will bring them back from exile though.

Key verse:
29. I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord.

My thoughts:
I wonder if this battle between Israel and Gog actually happened. Was it post-exilic?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home