My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ezekiel 45

The allotted lands

Summary:
God's inheritance of land for his sanctuary and the Levite's houses is to be 12km x 10km. They the city is to be 12km x 2.5km. Each tribe will have their own land. The princes will stop oppressing.

There will be a special offering and the prince will do all the offering. A bull is to be sacrifices at the first of every month and a week later. Once a year there is a seven-day Passover and then later there is a seven-day Feast.

Key verse:
8. And my princes will no longer oppress my people but will allow the house of Israel to possess the land according to their tribes.

My thoughts:
Ezekiel speaks of the role of the prince in these passages. He appears to be both king, but also priest in this context. It is quite bizarre and I don't quite understand it in this context. It's almost like Ezekiel is avoiding the word 'king' because kings are bad.

Oh my gosh... it must be Jesus.

Or Samuel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home