My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, February 05, 2007

Ezekiel 9

The mark of God

Summary:
Then God called in guards and a scribe. God came from the Most Holy Place, and told the scribe to put a mark on the foreheads of those who were grieved by Israel's sin. God told the guards to kill everyone who didn't have a mark, beginning with those in the temple. Ezekiel was gutted, but God was determined to get justice.

Then the scribe came back, his job completed.

Key verse:
4. Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.

My thoughts:
I love apocalyptic literature. It makes me so happy.

Some would say God is not merciful with passages like this, but I think that ignores the totality of Israel's rejection of God by this stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home