My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, March 30, 2007

Hosea 2

Son, tell your mother she's a whore

Summary:
God told Hosea - I am separated from your mother, so rebuke her. I don't care about her kids. She's a whore and I'm against her. I gave her everything but she wanted more from other men. I will ruin her, but then lead her into the desert and have a chat, and restore her to the joy she had when she was young. Everything will be sweet, and our covenant with each other and the earth will be restored.

Key verse:
16. "In that day," declares the Lord,
"you will call me 'my husband';
you will no longer call me 'my master.'

My thoughts:
So Israel is God's wife in this image and Israel had made a cuckold of God by chasing other gods, just like what Gomer did to Hosea. God doesn't like being humiliated.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Deane said...

But what REALLY happened between Hosea and Gomer? Read the truth, here:
http://cityside.org.nz/node/188

9:06 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

So that's what all your comments are! Creative writing!

1:02 pm

 
Anonymous Deane said...

In fact, I received this by revelation. I mediated the spirit of Gomer. I am a qualified Shaman, and can show you the license I received from a North American Indian tribe in 2003.

1:21 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

That explains a lot too...

2:11 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home