My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, April 15, 2007

Amos 1

Amos hatez the nations

Summary:
Amos the shepherd prophesied.

God will destroy Damascus for her sin. Same with Gaza, Tyre, Edom and Ammon.

Key verses:
3, 6, 9, 11, 13. For three sins of _____,
even for four, I will not turn back my wrath .
Because ...

My thoughts:
This is some nice, formulaic prophecy! You're all screwed for your own reasons. I remember being told that Amos prophesies against the nations and all Israel is a logical order. Systematic prophecy.

Do you know what is fun? Putting sentences into Japanese using Babel, and then putting them back in English using Babel. The above sentence comes out:

This is splendid, it is formulaic prophecy! Because of your yourself reason it tightens entirely with the screw. Amos you remember that it is said to thing me where prophesies and Israeli republic everything are logical order vis-a-vis the nation. Organizational prophecy.

That's awesome.

Or should I say: That it keeps being surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home